To read the pdf version, click here.
PBS Systems’ standard implementation for a new DMS incorporates the following:
- Initial client engagement to outline the implementation process, in detail, by the project manager
- Delivery of remote training prior to install for set ups and user training
- Dedicated project manager during the go live week
- Installation product specialists for go live week
- 90 day follow up after the go live week
Training after implementation can be accomplished in the following methods:
A) PBS Dealer University
An online web portal that provides access to pre-defined PBS training courses at any time. Users have a unique login and access to hundreds of documents and videos on performing day-to-day tasks within the DMS.
Best for: New users who need a Quick Start or refresher course on the basics.
Access to PBS Dealer U is included in the monthly support fee.
B) Global Training
Web/phone-based group training is scheduled on a monthly basis. These sessions are instructor led and have a maximum of 5 attendees. Content is predefined, and users must sign up for the courses online via the PBS website at www.pbssystems.com.
Best for: New users or staff learning a new module or feature. Also great for users looking to discuss process or ideas with other dealerships.
Access to Global Training is included in the monthly support fee.
C) 1-on-1 Remote Training
Available by calling our Client Services and scheduling a remote trainer for a specific topic. Training is completed over the phone with the trainer logged into the dealer’s system. Availability can vary.
Best for: Specific feature discussion/deployment/questions.
Access to Remote Training is included in the monthly support fee.
D) PBS Annual Dealer Conference & Regional Workshops
- The annual dealer conference is hosted each year over a 2.5-day period, typically in September. There are four tracks (Sales, Parts, Service and Accounting) delivered over the 2.5 days. The annual conference provides enhanced training, allows PBS to gather input from the dealerships and allows for sharing best practices between dealerships.
- Regional workshops are a condensed version of the annual conference, typically one full day of training is provided for each discipline.
- PBS hosted a regional workshop in Mississauga in March of 2015 and will facilitate the same in March of 2016. PBS hosted our annual conference in Calgary this year, in September, and will host the 2016 annual conference in Las Vegas.
E) Onsite Training
- Customized onsite training is available on an ad-hoc basis at a rate of $1,125 per day plus expenses.
- Onsite training is typically best for dealerships looking to change major processes or deploy new modules of software to multiple staff.
- Regular, scheduled optimization visits can be established by the dealership, typically quarterly, and invoiced on a monthly basis. The specific content for the visit will be determined in advance but typically would include a review of best practices and optimization, training, process review, and consulting. Part of the visit will also be utilized to help the dealership define a remote training plan for after the visit. The anticipated monthly fee would be $345 per month. Travel expenses will apply.
- Optimization visits are best for dealerships looking to have custom assistance and consultation on an ongoing proactive basis. These visits will help dealerships maximize the DMS investment.